- South Carolina handed Missouri its second inaugural SEC defeat, 31-10.
- South Alabama is a 1-3 Sun Belt team, but it was more that Mississippi State's win over the Jaguars put the Bulldogs at 4-0.
- Freshman Todd Gurley of Georgia is the conference's leading rusher with an average of 101.5 yards per game and 9.2 yards per carry.
- A.J. McCarron of Alabama is No. 4 in the nation in passing efficiency, with 10 TDs and 0 INT, and an average of 10.1 yards per attempt. And, lo and behold, a tiny bit of Heisman buzz finally appears.
- Damontre Moore of Texas A&M is the national leader in sacks per game, at 2.0 in three games.
- Alabama and LSU are No. 3 and No. 4 nationally in total defense, and both are holding opponents to under 4 yards per play and under 200 yards per game.
- Conference newcomer Texas A&M is next in total defense, but the Aggies are giving up almost 80 more yards per game than the Tigers.
- Mississippi State is No. 1 in the nation in turnover margin, with an amazing 15 takeaways and only 2 turnovers lost.